Travel Trainer Program Manager
Join our team at Gorge TransLink as a Travel Training Program Manager and be at the forefront of shaping the future of regional transit in the Gorge. This exciting opportunity will allow you to work closely with diverse communities in Klickitat and Skamania counties, promoting the benefits of public transportation and alternative mobility options. As a Travel Training Program Manager, you will be instrumental in educating and engaging the public about Gorge transit, coordinating travel training programs, building partnerships, and contributing to the growth of a coordinated transit system.
- Title: Travel Training Program Manager
- Estimated Start Date: October 2023
- Scope: Contract, 10 hours per week
- Rate: $30 – $40 per hour based on experience
- Lead education, outreach, and training initiatives on public transportation and mobility options.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the transit system, assisting various audiences in understanding schedules, transfers, and trip planning.
- Present to community groups and participate in events to promote Gorge transit.
- Develop and coordinate a travel training program for transportation-challenged residents, partnering with organizations serving diverse populations.
- Support partnership building with organizations serving underrepresented populations for future transit planning.
- Assist in managing programs like Transit Connect and promoting the Gorge Pass.
- Engage with area employers, non-profits, and organizations to identify transportation solutions.
- Prepare progress reports, final reports, and work plans as needed.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Adobe, and Google software.
- Ability to manage projects independently and within a team.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Positive attitude and dedication to excellent customer service.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with diverse individuals.
- Reliable and self-motivated work ethic.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a private vehicle for transportation.
- Desired Spanish language skills.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Physical activities include sitting, standing, occasional movement of materials up to 25 pounds.
- Usual office conditions with occasional evening, weekend, and regional travel requirements.
- Flexibility in working hours, including the potential for remote work.
If you’re excited about being a catalyst for change in the Gorge’s transit system, and you have the skills and passion for community engagement, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by the end of the day on Friday, September 22nd, 2023.
Join us in creating a sustainable, accessible, and vibrant transit future for the Gorge region!